Griffen, January 2018:
GRIFFNER builds modern houses from wood and glass that offer their owners integrated design concepts and a delightful indoor climate. Whether for a demanding single or a large, boisterous family – GRIFFNER always comes up with the right setting.
“We are a lifelong reliable partner”, says Georg C. Niedersüß, Managing Director and owner of Griffnerhaus GmbH, explaining the philosophy of his company. “You only build a house once or twice in your life. You’re taking decisions about the layout, materials and other things you’ve never thought about before. These decisions will however accompany you for years to come. This is why you need the best advice from the professionals and time to think”.
Buying a GRIFFNER house takes around a year, from initial contact to handover of the keys. 80% of clients opt for a turnkey house while the other 20% are more hands-on.
GRIFFNER has decades of experience in construction with timber. Manufacturing always takes place at the company’s plant in Griffen. So resulting in a product with guaranteed Austrian quality. Niedersüß: “Distinctive and timeless, the architecture of our houses can measure itself against international standards. GRIFFNER is known for its sophisticated and proven architectural solutions. Our cooperation with prestigious architects such as Matteo Thun plays a key role here. They supply us with integrated design concepts which we then individually adapt to the wishes and needs of our clients.”
GRIFFNER is constantly engaged in developing its portfolio hand in hand with such external architects, scientific institutions and universities. The result is top-flight, functional solutions, of which some 250 are to date protected by international patents and design copyrights.
As a major employer in the region, our traditional company attaches great importance to the careful use of energy and to environmental awareness. This is why we only use home-grown timber from sustainably managed forests when building a GRIFFNER house. Wood acts like a natural air-conditioning system. It absorbs moisture and gradually releases it again. GRIFFNER also dispenses with all solvents for treating timber to avoid the presence of harmful substances inside the house.
Combined with cork and wood fibre for insulation, this results in a building with an excellent energy balance, creating a healthy and natural climate that is perfect for a home. “We always advise our clients to opt for a low-energy house as we are convinced that overall, this type of house offers the greenest solution”, emphasises Niedersüß. Where the energy supply is concerned, GRIFFNER recommends using heat pumps, solar systems, photovoltaics and pellet heating.
In Kombination mit Kork und Holzfaser als Dämmstoff entsteht ein Gebäude mit hervorragender Energiebilanz, in dem es sich in einem gesunden Raumklima behaglich und natürlich wohnt. „Wir empfehlen unseren Kunden grundsätzlich ein Niedrigenergiehaus, weil wir der Überzeugung sind, dass diese gesamtheitlich betrachtet am ökologischsten sind“, betont Niedersüß. Für die Energieversorgungempfiehlt GRIFFNER Wärmepumpen, Solaranlagen, Photovoltaik und Pelletsheizungen.
GRIFFNER offers five different platforms, which serve as the basis for different house and roof variants. The patented Open Space® concept offers unique freedom when it comes to designing the layout of the building. Given that all structural loads are taken up by stable points in the building, GRIFFNER can dispense with load-bearing interior walls. This provides for spacious rooms, which give a delightful feel to the house together with the exceptional ceiling height of 2.72 m. Customers can choose between five premium-quality lines, each featuring three performance levels – from a shell-only structure to a turnkey home designed by an interior architect.